Views
Helpful
Replies

creating VLANs on Cisco AIR-BR1310G

n.karaca
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

We created two VLANs namely VLAN1 (on Dot11Radio 0.1 and Fastethernet0.1 which is native VLAN)and VLAN2 (on Dot11Radio 0.2). We gave ip addresses on Dot11radio0.2 and Fastethernet 0.1 which are in different subnets. We can not reach the Dot11radio0.2's IP addresses from the layer3 device which is connected through the Fastethernet interface of AIR-BR1310G.

Can you please make any comments about the configuration?

Best Regards,

Nedim KARACA

3 Replies 3

rwyates_2
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand your problem correctly you will have to set a fa0.2 interface an configure DOT1Q trunking to some type of switch our router. You will then need to assign an IP address to that Router interface on that VLAN. Here is a link that will help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080341d34.html

Thanks for your answer.

After a couple of tries we solved the problem with some other configuration that we did not want to apply. We configured the clients (dot11radio interface) operating as a workgroup-bridge and on the root side we wrote the line:

dot11 arp-cache optional

This works well and we can carry the VLAN's to the L3 device properly. However, now we have another problem that the workgroup-bridge supports up to 8 non wireless clients which is insufficient for our situation. When we change the station-role of the device from workgroup-bridge to non-root bridge, we loose the connection from the device.

I appreciate any comments about the solution for the problem.

Kind regards,

Nedim KARACA

If the WGB is a 1310 I don't believe it has the 8 client limitation that the 350 series had.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card