Views
Helpful
Replies

Failure of multiple bridges

gaurban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

OK I've had a site up and running for about 1 month, there are 4 buildings over the span of about 2 miles. One of the buildings has 2 bridges in it because of the distance required for the last hop (about 1.25 miles). So one of those 2 bridges keeps failing (not the long hop one). The first one, seemed to have lost it's power. The second one (the spare) lost it's radio, and now a third one (the one that had been on the long hop) is now starting to act flacky (dropping connections, unresponsive, unable to locate any other devices and so on) So, my question to you is this - is this an antenna problem? And if so, just what do I need to do to test it, I really don't want to hook up another bridge and have it go down too.

Your advice and assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerri Urban

Network Engineer, CCNA

Performance Enhancements Inc

(303)786-7474

3 Replies 3

anotech01
Level 1
Level 1

It just sounds like hardware failure. I like Cisco, but sometimes you have to swap equippment.

Just as a followup - Replaced the bridge I can only assume that it was a power issue - all of the new bridges are now on UPS and they have been running for 70+hours with a problem - thanks!!

Two failures and the third one was flaky?

The UPS was a good idea, but you might also check temperature and humidity.

And don't forget about lightning protection for outdoor antennas.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card