Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

failure to connet to 7921 phones.

Hi,

We use an application to push Xml execute Objects to 7921 wireless phone. Each time, application connects to phone and push CiscoIpPhoneExecute.

Phone does not show consistent behavior. Sometimes everything goes fast and well and sometimes connection fails. What we have noticed is when phone is idle for some time, chances of failed connection is more. Also when battery is low. It is not related to where phone is located. Staying in same place, on push is successful and the next one would fail.

CCM version is 6.0.1.3000-7

Phone AppLoad ID is CP7921G-1.3.3.LOADS

I appreciate you feedbacks on this issue.

Thanks,

Parisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: failure to connet to 7921 phones.

The 7921's use power save mechanisms like APSD or maybe another protocol I can't think of right now, but anyway, when it idles, the phone stops communicating as frequently with the access point. So, traditionally, when a call comes in, the phone is woken to open the communication pathway.

So, my suggestion is to figure out how to "wake" the phone to open communication up and then run your xml object push.

4 REPLIES

The 7921's use power save mechanisms like APSD or maybe another protocol I can't think of right now, but anyway, when it idles, the phone stops communicating as frequently with the access point. So, traditionally, when a call comes in, the phone is woken to open the communication pathway.

So, my suggestion is to figure out how to "wake" the phone to open communication up and then run your xml object push.

Thanks Elliot for your response. Do you have any suggestion for ways to wake up phone to network connection?

Does continuously pinging phone would help?

I'm not entirely certain that that's what you need to get it to work. If I were you, I figure out how to get the phones to behave like normal wireless clients. To do this, you would need to turn off CCX extensions, which I'm not sure you can do...

Nicole,

You can see this behavior actually. Start a ping from a pc to a phone. Take a phone not in use and you will see delayed pings somtimes in the 100ms. While keeping the ping then call the phone. You will see the phone responds back to 1 - 2 ms again.

I might suggest testing your phones this way with your pushes and see if thats the problem. Also, a wireless packet capture of phones working fast and phones that arent might lead to something.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content