Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Issues with 7925G when roaming! Call Drops!

Hello,

I have the following problem, i have a WLC 5508 running version 7.3.102.0. The problem i'm facing is that when i place a call with the 7925g wireless ip phone, everything works fine, the signal is perfect and the quiality of voice. But i have a problem when we star walking and roam to another AP. When the roaming occurs the call drops.

Previously we had 7920 and it was working perfect, also i right now i connect a 7920 it works fine, the problem is when using the 7925g.

Any ideas of what could be happening????

Thanks for your help

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hard to say without some debugs, but make sure you take a look at this support doc.  This will have info on what works and what doesn't

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26863

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hard to say without some debugs, but make sure you take a look at this support doc.  This will have info on what works and what doesn't

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26863

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
VIP Purple

Hi,

Item no 2 of the link provided by Scott is very important. Check whetehr your 7925G is running on the latest software code.

2. Run 1.4.3 or above - nothing earlier

The 1.4.2 firmware introduced a greatly improved scanning and roaming algorithm in the 792x phones.  1.4.3 introduces other critical fixes.  If you are experiencing audio problems with your phones - never, ever run any firmware prior to 1.4.3.

Be aware that, for newer hardware revisions of the 792x phones, it is not possible to run any firmware prior to 1.4(3)SR1 - see therelease notes.  Therefore, for new or RMAd phones, you can't run the old firmware, even if you want to.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful resposnes ****

I agree with Ras ..

A few things.

1. What security are you using on the phone

2. Did this work at one time and broke recently ?

3. Are all handsets doing this everywhere?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content