Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LAP to Autonomous upgradation

I have Cisco AIR-LAP1131G-E-K9 but now I want to convert it to Autonomous. I am trying the method of IOS upgradation the way mention on the forum and cisco site but I am not able to do that.

process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1                                                                     
process_config_recovery: image recovery                                      
image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1130-k9w7                                                                               
-tar.default          

examining image...                 
%Error opening  (no such file or directory)Loading "flash:/c1130-rcvk9w8-mx/c113                                                                               
0-rcvk9w8-mx"...################################################################                                                                               
###############################################                             

I have downloaded the c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA and rename it c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.default but i am getting the above mention error.

As per the fourm discussion teh image should be like that c1130-k9w7-tar.default but mine is look like that c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.default.

I searched everywhere to find exact version but unable to find it. Cisco has changed the pages. Please let me know from where I can download the exact image.

I am downloading this image from wirless IOS where conversion method is mentioned. I am downloading coversion IOS not the normal.

Pleaase help me out to solve this problem.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: LAP to Autonomous upgradation

You need to download an IOS software and rename it to c1130-k9w7-tar.default... Just like what it states in the log.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies