cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP to Autonomous upgradation

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco AIR-LAP1131G-E-K9 but now I want to convert it to Autonomous. I am trying the method of IOS upgradation the way mention on the forum and cisco site but I am not able to do that.

process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1                                                                     
process_config_recovery: image recovery                                      
image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1130-k9w7                                                                               
-tar.default          

examining image...                 
%Error opening  (no such file or directory)Loading "flash:/c1130-rcvk9w8-mx/c113                                                                               
0-rcvk9w8-mx"...################################################################                                                                               
###############################################                             

I have downloaded the c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA and rename it c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.default but i am getting the above mention error.

As per the fourm discussion teh image should be like that c1130-k9w7-tar.default but mine is look like that c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.default.

I searched everywhere to find exact version but unable to find it. Cisco has changed the pages. Please let me know from where I can download the exact image.

I am downloading this image from wirless IOS where conversion method is mentioned. I am downloading coversion IOS not the normal.

Pleaase help me out to solve this problem.

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to download an IOS software and rename it to c1130-k9w7-tar.default... Just like what it states in the log.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card