cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

latency and packet loss problem on aironet 350 bridges with voip

enderq
Level 1
Level 1

I have two aironet 350 bridges with yagi antennas connected to each other. the link is very good and there is no problem in data transfer. but when I generate voip traffic the latency between the two bridges goes up to 700-1000 ms and the packet loss goes up to %40.

what can be causing the problem??

thanks in advance,

5 Replies 5

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Try not to mix Data and voice traffic on a single link. Try using seperate links. Else you may need to use QoS.

there is no data traffic on the line and qos is set up on the wireless bridges already. the problem occurs when the traffic goes above 400kbit. below it there is no latency and no packet loss. and data traffic has no problem on any bandwidth

Hello, I'am having the same 350 bridges and voice traffic through it, and also voice quality problems. Do you resolve the problem ? I did many things.

I had a similar prob, tried setting up qos on the bridges but it did not make any difference. So in the end I installed a 2950 at either end and ran cos through these setting the data ports to a priority of 1 and voice ports to a priority of 5. Everthing worked a treat then. Also upgrade the bridges to 12.05. This seems to help a bit as well. Good luck

Is there a know limitation in the ammount of calls that can be processed by the 350? I believe hearing or reading about a only being able to handle 6 complex and 8 10 simple codec calls. Has anyone else heard that? I've done these point to point links and about to venture out to point to multipoint throwing 18 voices call into the mix, so I would love to hear anyone's input on the 350's capability.

Has anyone had any working experiance with the 1300 or 1400's?

Grace and Peace

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card