Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Load threshold violation - gap in voice audio

Hello,

I have a lot of 7925 Phones, two 3750 with integrated WLC (6.0.188).

The Costumer says that he has a lot of gaps in voice audio. I have testet it and can't recognize any gap.

I said to the customer that he has to write down the time when there are any problems with the audio stream.

I could recognize that there is a minor alarm in the wcs at the same time when the problems occur.

I could also see in the log of the ap that there is an reset of the a radio after the alarm is generated

The WCS Error message is

Load threshold violation reported by '802.11a' interface of AP 'AP-DE-HQ-033', connected to Controller.....

What could be the reason of these error message? Wich kind of treshold is meant and where i can configure it.

I hope someone can help me

2 REPLIES

Re: Load threshold violation - gap in voice audio

Sir,

The load threshold violation is generated because of client count on a given AP, I am not aware of any bugs or features that would cause this to occurr in correctly. basically this alarm is triggered when the client count exceeds the preset threshold value which I believe is 12. You can find this threshold under Wireless> 802.11a> RRM>General (on WLC 6.0.118.0 code, it'll be in the same general area on 4.2; Don't confuse it with the coverage hole threshold which is usually 3).  Definitely check the client counts on the access points have the issues.

If you are violating this threshold there are a couple of options:  1) raise the threshold to a higher value; the downside to this is if you get too many clients on a single AP it can have adverse effects on all the clients.  2) add more access points to lower the possibility of all clients being on 1 AP..

Hope this helps,

Kayle

Re: Load threshold violation - gap in voice audio

Kayle,

Under 4.2 it is found under

Wireless> 802.11a> RRM>Auto RF (Profile Threshold For Traps)

12 is default

Great response btw !

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content