cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express 8.6.101: Connection failure: 60, Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates

Blitter
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to check for new software update from "Management/Software Update/Check Now button" or from the Down arrow icon, Il get an "Connection failure: 60, Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates" error.

Transfer Mode sets to Cisco.com

Cisco Username is set and correct

Cisco Password is set and correct

A private CA and private cert were uploaded to the aironet master APs (running ME 8.6.101) for management reason.

Any information ?

Regards,

Olivier

6 Replies 6

Do you have smartnet service for that Master AP. As per the documentation, without that upgrade process will not initiate. See below 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-4/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_4/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_4_chapter_0111.html#task_DC321B504E9545F4B9201BB29EF5D8BB

• EULA acceptance on a per user basis. Only Master AP (not all APs in the network) must have SMARTNet contract else Software Update will not start

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh32031

Should be fixed in 8.7.102.0 (available now).

Hi

If i can not download the software directly from Cisco.com in management/software update, do you know if i can upgrade from 8.3.121.0 to 8.7.102.0 directly or i have to upgrade step by step ?

Thanks for your return.

The documentation currently lacks this information, but I think that's a documentation failure, because Cisco normally exactly states it. So I assume it should work.
But honestly, I wouldn't go to 8.7, unless it contains a feature you absolutely require. If not, go for the latest 8.5MR3 beta, which you can find in this forum.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I suggest, if compatible with your AP model, to use 8.10.185.0.

Having this issue with version 8.10.171.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: