Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility & Voice problem

serenity001
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have 2 controllers 4404 and 2 buildings my problem is when i m using the cisco phone 7921 and i move from building A to building B i loses the voice for 2 - 3sec but i still see the call is there.

i did some search and i configuer the mobility group under the controller - Mobility Management - mobility group by adding the mac addres and ip adress

but it didn't solve my broblem , i still have the 2 - 3 sec loses.

another problem is that when i m in a building and i mad a call from the 7921 i feel a latency in the talking .. like after i finish what i m saying the other person start to hear, any reason for this problem ??

thatnk for your help

regards

6 Replies 6

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Is mobility between the controllers showing up/up?  Is this a layer-2 or layer-3 roam?

i think its up i ll check this one.

i think its a L2, both controllers are connected to the same core switch they have the same vlan for the voice but the diffrence is in the ap manger subnet.

hi again

is the mobility config is to add the mac add of controller A into controller B and Controller B to controller A ??

in the doc there is a multicasting .. but i don't know the multicasting group IP address ...??

regards

hi

i got the same problem with mobility groups any hints for dest mobility groups configuration  ..??

regards

Hey Guys,

A few things you want to look at.

Make sure your phones are on 1.3.3 code. If they are on older i would upgrade.

Insure your controller 1 knowns about controller 2 and controller 2 knows about controller 1 (Mobility Groups). You can d/l the config doc for the code you are using and search mobility group for the exact config, its simple. But in short you add the mac and managment IP of the other controller(s). This allows clients to easily roam from one controller to another. The controller share mobility messages.

Here is 5.1 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.1/configuration/guide/c51mobil.html

You also want to make sure your vitual address are THE SAME on each controller you have in your mobility group. Very Important..

From the controller Guide

All controllers within a mobility group must be configured with the same virtual interface IP address. Otherwise, inter-controller roaming may appear to work, but the hand-off does not complete, and the client loses connectivity for a period of time.

If you are on code 5.1 or back make sure you use symmteric tunneling is enabled.

If you find any of this helpful please kindly rate the post ... thanks much!

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

thank u , i did what u said befor .. but i upgaraded the phone to the 1.3.4

this is the out put for the command show mobility summary

(Cisco Controller) >show mobility summary

Symmetric Mobility Tunneling (current) .......... Enabled
Symmetric Mobility Tunneling (after reboot) ..... Enabled
Mobility Protocol Port........................... 16666
Mobility Security Mode........................... Disabled
Default Mobility Domain.......................... Safir_Gr
Multicast Mode .................................. Disabled
Mobility Domain ID for 802.11r................... 0x5a93
Mobility Keepalive Interval...................... 10
Mobility Keepalive Count......................... 3
Mobility Group Members Configured................ 2
Mobility Control Message DSCP Value.............. 0

Controllers configured in the Mobility Group
MAC Address        IP Address       Group Name         Multicast IP         Sta
tus
00:23:5e:8a:e4:40   192.168.142.5   Safir_Gr         0.0.0.0          Up
00:23:5e:8a:e7:B0    192.168.141.5    safir-2          0.0.0.0          Up

is this a corect config?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card