Helpful
Replies

New IP Telephony Service in my company

j.motta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I will aprecciate if someone helps me with these

Thanks

We have a Cisco router 2811 according to the Cisco person that we talked yesterday he said that these router supports up to 36 phones, our necessities are less than 50 so this router is ok also it has to include DSL module, 2 FXO with 4 ports and a PVDM2-16 for these 8 FXO pots, for the PVDM2-16 we aren’t very sure of these. What would you recommend for 8 ports at medium complexity?

Another thing we’re going to have two remote sites one in Mexico City and another in Monterrey and we want to have VPN connection the problem with these is that are DSL service doesn’t have and static IP the DSL service is Dynamic IP, so what could do with these issue.

As I told you we are using WLAN for every one in the 3 sites so we are going to use SoftPhones and headsets we still don’t have any information about the headsets so if you have information I will appreciate, also if you have prices for these, one last thing an also very important is how are we going to receive the FAX information we want to receive the FAX in a digital file or if the FAX is going to be sent via e-mail or what is going to receive the Fax’s

In resume what are your suggestions for a IP telephony for less that 50 users or what are your recommendations for these technology and what are the options that we have with IP Telephony because the main things that we need is the voice mail and all controlled by WLAN

1 Reply 1

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

regarding your DSL IP problem you could use DynDNS (ddns command in IOS) or any other dynamic DNS service.

The idea is that the router updates dynamically a DNS server in the internet with it´s current IP each time it changes. Have a look at www.DynDNS.org as an example.

About headsets: they are rather cheap (starting at about 5-10$) but you should get something users will be willing to wear. There are also voice quality differences, so test two or three to check what is suitable for you.

With FAX in digital format you need a server receiving the FAX , converting them to email attachements and sending them. Ask your Cisco representative about a Cisco Unity solution with your specific requirements or look out for 3rd party products.

Hope this helps

Martin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card