cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Voice&Video over Wireless class

cberrima
Level 1
Level 1

We (Cisco Advanced Services) are working to update a Beta class that discusses the secure use of voice and video over wireless.

Quick Question: If you had to put together a "wish" list of topics and lab exercises you would want in a HIGHLY technical integration class, what would it include? Please provide topics, equipment, technologies, or any other ideas you have.

Thanks,

Chris

6 Replies 6

schunt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris,

The TOP item on my wish list would be a discussion on the importance of a good site survey. A good Site survey is critical to the successful deployment of a Wireless IP Telephony solution. Also, a guide on how to do one would be awesome!

Thanks,

Scott

Hi,

am working on an IP Telephony project over a wireless WAN.

Hope you ve done all the labs regarding this topic.

Could you plz inform me about the results.

Regards.

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I believe some specific discussion on WHY it is necessary to stay with Cisco certified components (i.e., in order to comply with Federal laws and standards for emission).

Some discussion on the specific components (cables, lightning arrestors ("they are not for direct lightning hits"), power injectors, using fiber for LAN isolation (from "environmental events").

Some discussion on radio wave propagation ... things it can penetrate, things it'll bounce from, things that will absorb the signal ... common items likely to occur in a commercial environment. Maybe some alternatives to dealing with "RF hostile" environments.

Some discussion on long range p2p / p2mp, sighting the antennas, the freznel zone, etc.

Discussion of third-party tools / software / hardware to improve the ease and quality of the installation.

That's it for me, for now.

Thanks for asking !

Scott

MarkMonteleone
Level 1
Level 1

QoS feature sets demistified.

Capacity of concurrent Br350 usages, with Video and Voip calls at the same time.

cdub70
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see examples of through-put using the various security options available. Set the lab so you can use various manufacturers equipment and compare QOS and load. I would also like it to show the effects of distance, obstructions, and/or antenna patterns.

Thanks

CDub

ccie
Level 1
Level 1
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card