Views
Helpful
Replies

Painting Wireless Antennae

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer that wants to paint the white ceiling mount antennae to match the furniture in their jewellery shop (shade of brown).

My question is can have shoe polish on the antennae and not degrade signal strength.

I know this is a crazy one, but customer says he will not allow a white antennae to be mounted that does not match furniture. I am guessing the Jewellery shop with all fine cut diamond is a perfect world after all.

3 Replies 3

csablatura
Level 1
Level 1

As long as the paint is not applied too thick and it has NO lead in the paint (should not - as this has been outlawed in the US for quite a while), they should be fine.

My recommendation would be to use an epoxy spray paint. Best adhesion to the plastic radome of the antenna.

We've used emulsion-type paints to paint antenna. I don't think it would wear to well in an outdoor environment but for indoors it works just fine, no signal degredation.

Can of Krylon works great but it is very difficult to get overspray of of hotel room contents. Do not paint in the rain as the hotel gets really cranky.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card