Urgent please.

Regards,

Fady

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fady,

I'm sorry to say there is no Password recovery procedure for the WLC (Unless you are also running WCS;

Q. Is there any way to recover my WLC password?

A. No, there is no way to recover the password on your WLC. If you use the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) in order to manage the WLC, Wireless LAN Controller Module (WLCM) or Wireless Services Module (WiSM), you should be able to access the controller from the WCS and create a new admin user without logging into the controller itself. Or, if you did not save the configuration on the controller after you deleted the user, then a reboot (power cycling) of the controller should bring it back up with the deleted user still in the system. If you do not have the default admin account or another user account with which you can log in, your only option is to default the controller to factory settings and reconfigure it from scratch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_qanda_item09186a008064a991.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Okay i have read this, but how to defualt the controller to factory settings and I can not access the controller by either Console or GUI. And I do not have WCS, So what is the solution?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fady,

Here you go :)

In order to set the WLC to factory defaults, power cycle the WLC, press ESC Key during the boot up process from the console and select last option(5) to clear the configuration and reboot the Wireless Lan Controller.

Note:The new default username and password is "admin".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008076cc09.html#wp1046716

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks, this is it :)

Regards,

Fady

Hi Fady,

You are most welcome my friend!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card