Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PEAP and 7920 Phone ?

I can't seem to find any reference to the 7920 phones supporting PEAP, and I don't see an option to configure it on the 7920 so I guess the 7920 doesn't support PEAP right?

I have WCS, and 4402 controllers with 1242G AP's setup, and setup to only use PEAP.

I can't seem to get the 7920's to work, so I am guessing I need to come up with an alternate solution.

Any suggestions or ideas? Or a confirmation regarding PEAP and the 7920's would be helpful as well.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: PEAP and 7920 Phone ?

The 7920 only supports LEAP or EAP-FAST.

In 3.0 release and higher, the phone has an auto EAP mode, where it will give predecence to EAP-FAST over LEAP. Will try LEAP after EAP-FAST failure. Can also force the EAP mode in the network profile setup.

If using EAP-FAST w/ the 4400 controller, will need to increase the 802.1x timeout on the controller to at least 20 seconds vs default of 2. Do "config advanced eap request-timeout 20" via console.

Will also need to ensure that the radius server also has automatic PAC provisioning enabled if using EAP-FAST as manual provisioning is not supported.

Views
Helpful
Replies