Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Portable battery pack

I'm looking for a portable battery pack to use with ap350 and br350 when doing a site survey. any recommendations, manufacturers, etc.?

5 REPLIES

Re: Portable battery pack

I have no experience with this, I just know they have something.

http://www.terra-wave.com/Search.bok?category=Site+Survey+Tools

thanks for the info. that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I’m just curios if you bought the battery pack from Terra-Wave and if it worked together with the 350-serie? The specification of the battery pack says that it can deliver 5V and 12V (according to their homepage). My concern it that 350-units uses inline power and that the input power requirements for AP350 units are “24VDC 10% to 60 VDC (Ethernet line power)” compared to the AP340 that have a power consumption of 5V5% @ 800 mA.

I am looking for a battery pack that works with 350 units myself, and I would appreciate any comment of the topic.

The only product I have seen that should work together with AP350 is available here. http://www.ensign-net.co.uk/EWS/mainframe.htm

I have been using the Terra-Wave Battery pack with the Cisco 350 series access points for well over a year. I recommend also buying the mounting bracket with the battery.

You could save yourself money by purchasing a battery pack from Batteries Plus (12V 5Ah) and what I did was use a Male and Female DIN connector to the wall wart and a Female DIN connector to the battery pack. This way you can use it with wall wart or battery pack. I picked up a charger too. Total investment: $46.00

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content