Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem Apple device on wlan

Hi friend,

I have a problem with my apple (ip phone) device which sometime disconect of my SSID perfil with all PC and Laptop work fine and the logg in the WLC I can see the following message:

Coverage hole pre alarm for client[1] 00:22:fa:62:7f:8c on 802.11b/g interface of AP 00:1d:e6:24:67:f0 (Data). Hist: 0 0 0 0 1 9 25 86 148 164 116 64 13 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The wlan controller is  4400 and the ios version is AIR-WLC4400-K9-7-0-220-0.aes

somebody cokud help me.

Thank,

Marco.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Problem Apple device on wlan

the above log message is a coverage hole alarm..

I dont feel that would be a cause of the disconnect..

I suspect that the idle timeout value on the controller maybe at play here..

Client debugs would be the ideal way to identify the issue but u can simply try and increase the user idle timeout on Controller > General page..

U can use the client debug command --

debug client

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Re: Problem Apple device on wlan

To piggy back on Viten.

Apple devices are very clean, meaning they dont transmit a lot on wifi. In most cases, they only transmit when you the user use something on the device. The user idle timeout will age clients out at 5 minutes (300 seconds) if it doesnt see any traffic from that device. This could be what you are seeing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content