Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proxy Settings in Aironet 1250 access point

Dear all,

We have installed aironet 1250 access point in our office. When we try to connect smartphones through it we are not able to

access internet without providing the proxy server details to the device.

Now the problem arises when we try to connect devices which do not show the settings for proxy server like Blackberry phones.

They do show connected to the network but don't have internet access. 

Samsung has the settings to manually provide the proxy server and access the internet but not in all smartphones.

Do we any way around in such cases or we can do such settings in access point itself...?

Regards

Mahendra

4 Replies 4

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mahendra,

What is acting as the DHCP agent in yoru deployment?  You should be able to push proxy information through DHCP to the client via Option 252 if I recall. 

Cheers,
Erwin

How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

HI Erwin,

Thanks for your reply but please elaborate more on this, in our aironet access point where do we exactly find option 252 ?

Regards

Mahendra

This is a config you would do on your dhcp server. When the client asks for an IP address he will receive the proxy

Here is a link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794881.aspx

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

The proxy Mobile-IP feature is not supported in Cisco IOS Releases 12.3(2)JA and later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_10b_JA/configuration/guide/scg12410b-chap1-overview.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card