Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Qos between WISM and AP (LWAP)P) for Voice?

Hi,

I have one WISM in a 6509. Currently i'm testing (sniffering) to find out how QOS (for voice) is arranged between the WISM and the AP. I know with the 'standard'sniffers there is not much to see (in the tunnel) however i thing it must be that there is a part of the QOS within the tunnel witch is reflected outside the tunnel (in the header of the tunnel itself). Unitil now i only have seen some strange value (40) coming form the AP to the WISM. This was only when WMM is enabled (which we do not want since we have a SVP server in the network). From the WISM to the AP... i even see nothing at all...!? How can QOS then be provided?

Has anyone hands-on experience with this? If read all doc's there are (as far as i know) but regading QOS there's not much to find. Please let me know if someone has more info.

THX

Goen

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Qos between WISM and AP (LWAP)P) for Voice?

Hi,

thanX for your help. will read.

Goen

Goen,

All traffic between the controller and the AP is encrypted in a tunnel. when you get down to it, the priority on the wired side, between the AP and the controller, is no where near as important as what is coming from the AP to the client.

make sure that the SSID that you are using for the wireless IP phone, is set to gold and you should be ok.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content