Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Redundant WISM's

Hi,

I'm (still) staging two wism blades in redundant 6500 core's.

The WISM management adresses are in the same subnet as the AP-manager address.

The AP's are in differend (routed) sunets. Everything works fine untill one of the core's goes down (power down). after this the AP's are no falling bach to the redundant WISM ?? I have set the redundant mwarName's in the AP's and option 43. However i do not seem to get it working. if i do a 'show lwapp client config'on the AP it keeps thinkin it should be registering to the 'first WISM'.

If i configure the AP in the same vlan as the AP manager address it is working fine.

I have configured the helper adresses on the interfaces correctly (to the DHCP server and as a test also to the WISM's ).

oes anyone has an idea how this can be?

THX in advance.

Reg

Goen

6 REPLIES

Re: Redundant WISM's

Did you use the same mobility group name in all the controllers and did you enter all the controllers per controller?

Do you have the master controller check box checked?

Bronze

Goen,

Are the wism-service vlans unique on both controllers? I've heard others have had to use unique AP Manager and Management subnets on redundant WiSMs in different switches.

Hi ,

thx's for your reply. actually the problems is solved by configuring the VLAN on the Gig ports of the 6500 in the native vlan, which is the same as the 'wireless'management VLAN.

I'am using one AP manager adress (only one when WISM'are used - 150 Ap's per AP-manager is allowed (other then the 44XX controllers)) per WISM but this should be in the same VLAN as the managemnet address.

I have one issue left: the spectralink voice clients are not failling over in a correct manner. All other brands of clients do.

We only have this issue with spectralink clients (E340) and WISM release 4.X if i put the 3.X firmware on the WISM's the error does not occure.

Reg

Goen

it is now working as supposed to be.

Bronze

Thanks Goen,

Just curious -

1. Do you have the WiSM AP Manager/Management IPs in the same subnet on both chassis?

2. Are you routing the wism-service-vlan subnet? Is this necessary?

Thanks,

--Bruce

Hi Bruce,

1. I have the AP manager en Management in the same subnet per chassis. The core's are separated based on a layer 3 connection.

Also in the second chassis the Ap manager and managemenr are in the same subnet, however this is another subnet then used in chassis 1.

However if you have L2 connectivity between the two chassis you could put everything in the same subnet if you wish.

2. NO, No.

Reg

Goen

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content