cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resetting air-ap1131ag-e-k9 to default configuration.

piotrn001
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a small problem resetting the AP to default config.

Off course I have tried the cisco way but the AP still retains some parts of old config.

Can someone tell me how to full (clean) reset the AP?

Thanks,

Piotr,

p.s. can option 43 for dhcp help?

5 Replies 5

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Try the hardware restore button.If that doesnt work Use the web-browser interface to restore defaults.Refer URL

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_quick_start09186a00800def75.html

AlexisGodinot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having the same issue : when resetting the AP1131AG to defaults, it does not restart and does not take into account the defaults settings...

Same thing when I want to change the configuration using HTTP interface - loading a new config.txt file - in the "System Configuration" part of the IOS 12.3(8) software. Nothing happens !

But what is strange is that for some APs I do not have the problem and for some others yes...

thanks for your answers !

Alexis

Try logging in with telnet or console and giving the command:

erase startup-config

and then:

reload

Note: Do not write the configuration to memory after you delete startup-config.

If you don't have the password, then you may have to use a password recovery procedure.

Many thanks g.nikitas !

Thanks to your advice, I erased the nvram (and the whole flash).

Problem was I had previously downgraded the firmware version, and an (old) file still in nvram was perturbing configurations and "reset to defaults settings"...

I thought uploading a new firmware would first erase all old files, but apparently not, that's why we have to erase all these files manually before downgrading.

Thanks again for your help !

Alex

You are welcome, I hope this solution will help everybody

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: