cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

roaming/quality of speech problems 7920

g.rienstra
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with the connection/quality of speech when standing within 2-3 meters away of an AP with a 7920 phone. Also The connection to the CM is broken sometimes. (Also during a call) after the call drops the phone will connect to the CM automatically.

Phone software : 7920.3.3-01-06

Call manager : 3.3.3

AP : Cisco 1230 + 4941 'duck' antenna's

128 WEP is used, vlans are used no fancy stuff....

Also the quality of speech in not great...Hick-up's occure, calls drop sometimes.

the sitesurvey is OK. No overlapping channels (1,6,11) the RSSI is alway's above 20 , QBSS (CU) is also fine.

Does anyone have similar issue's. With this software

Reg

Goen

11 Replies 11

schunt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Can you advise what the output power on the APs you are using is set to?

Scott

50 mw. We also changed to 20 mW, however same problems remain. (a bit less to be honest)

j.boyson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issues. When you start to experience qos issues, how many phone calls are active on the AP?

Not much , on some pionts only two or three active calls.

splantier
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever resolve your issue with the phones?

Thanks.

Not really, we just implemented the new 13JA2 software on the 1200's...See if this helps.

Reg

Goen

schunt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Goen,

Are you running VxWorks or IOS on the APs?

Thanks,

Scott

IOS , just upgraded to 13JA2...See if this helps

Reg

Goen

jcampbell
Level 1
Level 1

A couple of things we have discovered:

The phone likes choses. It may not roam well with just one AP as a chose, but will roam well if it has 2 to choose from.

Having RSSI levels above 20 just doesn't cut it when roaming. Develop roaming areas to allow the phone to have a couple of APs to choose from with RSSI values >=40.

Ensure you have latest firmware (1.07 for 7920 and 12.2(15)ja for IOS AP).

cmcinally
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a similair problem except i am using CCM 3.3(4) and AP 1120B did you manage to resolve this problem.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card