Views
Helpful
Replies

too many APs

IngGerardo013
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

We have to install 46 APs (WAP2000) working on a G standard (just 3 channels no overlaping), they will be installed on a hotel, wich is/are the best practice(s) to avoid the minor interference between them due to just we have 3 channels that no overlaping...any help/tip/suggestion/document/website will be very apreciated!

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

since you're using non overlapping channels they shouldn't interfere with each other. But based on a site survey and/or post install validation survey you can lower the power on a per ap basis so that the are not bleeding through the floors too badly.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Great reponse from Steve on ths one ... Ill add, you should keep 20 dB difference between the same channel. So if you have 2 aps on channel 6, you should see (1) @ 50 the other (1) should be @70 or more.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

0.k. I understand. Thanks a lot!

Then I will investigate how many APs we can put on the same Channel taking the consideration of the 20dbs

Elliott Shawd
Level 1
Level 1

How many floors are there in this hotel? Be sure and do a survey, but I would stagger them floor to floor.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card