Views
Helpful
Replies

vocera

firestartest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Has anyone had success deploying a vocera solution over aironet and WLSM?

I have been asked to look into the best way of securing the wireless for a vocera solution but don't know where to start.

I would imagine that setting up a voice vlan on the access points would be the best method.

Anyone got any example configurations?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

jbrogers
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using vocera for a couple of years now on 1200 ap's with a WLSM. Set up a separate vlan and tunnel with LEAP/ckip, as it would not work with WPA/TKIP.

For ckip, check only the network eap box. Set dtim to 2 as well for better performance.

We also are using Vocera, over 350 devices. We're using Cisco 7920 as well over separates VLANs. One note, you said you set the DTIM to 2? Vocera told us to set it to 1.

What are you using to handle fast roaming? WLC or WLSM?

We are currently in process of deploying wireless for Vocera. If you could share your experience of deploying wireless for Vocera I would appreciate it very much. My email is sungy@ohsu.edu. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone has example WLSM and AP configs they could post that would be great!

How did you address the difference in recommended configs between vocera and the 7920? 7920 best practice is to lock out 1,2, and 5.5 Mb - but vocera requires them. thanks.

Cisco does recommend 11Mbps data rates only, but it will work at 5.5, which we have set as required for Vocera. With a heavily density WLAN deployment, all 802.11b devices will be able to communicate at 11Mbps regardless. We have tested 7920 at this settings and our calls are flawless.

Has anybody done both vocera and 7920 in a controller-based environment with any luck?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card