Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What is the Unit / Scale for CU in 7925g Neighbor List?

Can someone tell me or point me at documentation explaining the units used for the CU field in the 7925g neighbor list display? (Including how they relate to PI/NCS reported percentages?) Alternatively, what's an acceptable range for the CU values?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is not! The Channel

It is not! The Channel Utilization (CU) metric shown on the phone refers to the Quality of Service (Qos) Enhanced Basis Service Set (QBSS) index, which has a maximum value of 255. Divide the value reported in CU by 255 to achieve a channel utilization percent. The guideline for voice deployments is to keep CU under 105 (105/255 = approximately 41 percent).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/116057-site-survey-guidelines-wlan-00.html

4 REPLIES

Channel utilization—Network

Channel utilization—Network analyzers report channel utilization in percentage of time spent transmitting and receiving frames. This helps to measure the potential variance in speed due to distance from an access point. This will help monitor and see for example, if a channel is fully occupied transmitting at 1Mbps under ideal conditions would perform at 0.94Mbps under 100% utilization.

I figured it's percentage,

I figured it's percentage, but couldn't explain the numbers well above 100 we were seeing in some areas.

It is not! The Channel

It is not! The Channel Utilization (CU) metric shown on the phone refers to the Quality of Service (Qos) Enhanced Basis Service Set (QBSS) index, which has a maximum value of 255. Divide the value reported in CU by 255 to achieve a channel utilization percent. The guideline for voice deployments is to keep CU under 105 (105/255 = approximately 41 percent).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/116057-site-survey-guidelines-wlan-00.html

Perfect! That's exactly what

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content