Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wi-fi lose connection.

Hello,

i' m connected with my pc on a access point aironet 1110.

There are 10 AP connected to WLC.

Near my office there are 3 AP , (ARE PLACED AT ABOUT 20 METERS OF DISTANCE AS SUGGESTED FROM SITUATED SURVAY )

i'm registered on AP fixed on my office.

(near about 5 meters)

The quality of signals is excellent.

Despite this my pc lose the connection every 40-60 seconds , because my pc pass to another AP futher.

All APs are always pingable through wired connection, but inexplicably they lose the registered client.

with a software wireless analizer (i use NETWORK Strumbler) a temporary fall of the wireless signal is seen.

i don't know why.

What are the possible cause?

Thanks

FCostalunga

7 REPLIES

Re: wi-fi lose connection.

Hello,

In addition to a strong signal strenth - signal quality is also VERY important. It sounds like you have some sort of interference. You have to identify the source of the interference. You can use tools like Cognio to assist you with this. Have you tried using different channels? Do you have the same behavior using the 'A' network?

-Mark

I use the same channel 11.

I've enabled on all APs , the 811.a , 811.b and 811.g.

I don't know Cognio.

Now i search the download of this software.

the next monday , i can try to change the channel.

Do you have any other advice to give me?

Thanks

FCostalunga

Cognio is company which supplies the product 'Cognio Spectrum Expert for Wifi'. Its a spectrum analyzer which will enable you to get a full view of the wireless spectrum. Note that this is a combination of hardware and software.

From what you have stated, my guess is you have over-saturation and co-channel interference(cci). Cci happens when you put all your APs on a single channel. Only channels 1,6, and 11 do not overlap. try arranging them as such and review your power levels.

Hello, i have a cognio, but i have a question... Cognio works with pc's wireless netowork adapter ? or spectrum expert solution (before, cognio) is also a 2.4 & 5Ghz wireless network adapter?

what version of WLC are you running?

Goen

version 4.0.155.0

You're problem is simple. In your computer wireless setting; Set Up your Wi-Fi network profile and take out the option to Automatically connect to non-preferred networks. Done

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content