cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wifi cameras

Eric Lindsey
Level 1
Level 1

We have been given the task to get wifi security cameras to work in our parking lot. We have wireless throughout our 10 story hospital. Now we need wifi cameras about 300 feet across the parking lot on a light pole. Our wireless is not tuned to go that far. Any ideas what we cold do to get a camera to work within our network? We do have power at the pole and there is a security booth at the pole. But no type of connectivity inside the booth. We have Wism2s with all 3502i access points within our hospital.

I do not have much experience with external antennas or pint to point wireless.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Yes it will definitely work in your network, only be sure the wireless signal is healthy at the place you are trying to place the camera as bandwidth is always depended on the signals. Because camera required at least of 4mb of bandwidth to give a good quality result on 25 FPS. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might want to look into MESH.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Eric,

To add on to what Stephen was mentioning.  A MESH solution via ethernet bridging would be ideal.  Check out the doc below for a better understanding of how it would be deployed:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b02511.shtml#topic6

Cheers,
Erwin

How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Yes it will definitely work in your network, only be sure the wireless signal is healthy at the place you are trying to place the camera as bandwidth is always depended on the signals. Because camera required at least of 4mb of bandwidth to give a good quality result on 25 FPS. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card