Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Design Question

I am a CCNA supporting a few offices that have VPN connections through local ISP to a central site. I have one site that is remote and unable to get a broadband connection. It is aprox. 1.5 miles from a site that has a broadband connection. I wouls like to set up a wireless connection. Because of the topology I think I would need a bridge between the sites most likely on a tower. I am thinking that I would need a bridge at the remote site a bridge in the middle and a bridge at the wired office.Am I on the right track . Can this be done and what sort of antennae woud I need. Please email me at swriggs@hhhunt.com. Thnak you

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Wireless Design Question

I don't see a point in putting a bridge in the middle. Hardware/Technology is available to cover 1.5 miles.

However, if you can manage a bridge in the middle and your hardware specs support the design, go for it.

Thanks.

Re: Wireless Design Question

the cisco yagi antenna (AIR-ANT1949) should be able to solve your problem. you need one bridge at your wired office and one bridge at the remote site.

Views
Helpful
Replies