Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Wireless device

OK I walked into this huge warehouse and did not have the necessary tools to do the a site survey on such a space. I did get measurements though. So I am looking for insight as to what antennas i can use with the AP1200, and how many I might need for wireless 7920 coverage through out the warehouse.

first warehouse have the following dimensions:

Height = 80ft

Length = 200ft

Width = 180ft

2nd Warehouse

Height = 30ft

Length = 80ft

Width = 80ft

what sort of wireless devices should i be looking at to deploy 7920 phones?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Wireless device

You can select the antenna the access point uses to receive and transmit data. There are three options for both the receive and the transmit antenna:

DiversityThis default setting tells the access point to use the antenna that receives the best signal. If your access point has two fixed (non-removeable) antennas, you should use this setting for both receive and transmit.

RightIf your access point has removeable antennas and you install a high-gain antenna on the access point's right connector, you should use this setting for both receive and transmit. When you look at the access point's back panel, the right antenna is on the right.

LeftIf your access point has removeable antennas and you install a high-gain antenna on the access point's left connector, you should use this setting for both receive and transmit. When you look at the access point's back panel, the left antenna is on the left.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content