cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM/44XX comntrollers Auto-RF settings

g.rienstra
Level 1
Level 1

I have two questions running WISM version 4.0.179.11.

1. if i set the AUTO RF setting to manual i still see the timer running mentioning the last channel assignment update. even if i haven't updated the autochannel-feature it still mentions "last update XXX seconds ago"

2. if i disable auto-RF all APs will be set to channel 1. Is there a way to retain the channel inf? EG calculate the channels one time and then fix them?

Goen

3 Replies 3

john.preves
Level 4
Level 4

The last update thing means that was the last time it checked...it didn't necessarily do anything.

Yes you can change the channels and power settings manually, but it means going into every AP via WCS and changing the little radio button from "global" to "custom" and from there, you can see all the stuff you want.

I'm currently about to undertake this arduous task myself since LWAPP is pretty useless in the "auto RF" dept.

So for setting to same channel, even if the Aps have situated the channels correctly, the channels will be all set to 1 or 36 if auto RF is disabled. This is basically saying now you must configure the AP channels and powers manually. I opened CSCsh19925 a while back for this as I believe it should just keep the current info.

Well that would make entirely too much sense and cannot possibly be allowed.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card