cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC QoS settings

boshardy1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. I have a video surveillance system that must be able to be viewed on the wireless. It uses multicast and I have configured that appropriately (checked with tac). The response time is bad, camera images/frames per second very slow. So I think I need some QoS. I have made the SSID gold on the controller for QoS. What config do I need on AP ports, controller port, etc on my switches (mls qos trust cos or dscp?). Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

This is what we have on the AP switch ports and uplink trunk ports:

mls qos trust dscp

This is what we have on the switchports to the controller:

qos trust cos

as well as vlan pruning of vlans that do not need to cross the trunk to the controllers

Also, under the controller QOS profiles, do you have 802.1p enabled?

Thanks, I changed my AP ports to dscp and did enable 802.1p. My concern is right now on the trunk ports it is set to trust cos. We are running Cisco voice, so I am not sure if I can change the trust on the trunks from cos to dscp, any thoughts?

this may help too:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080810880.shtml

Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) Configuration Best Practices

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: