cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC reduce video streaming and downloads

Bruno Dinis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.. I've got a deployment in a school library where I use to have more than 300 wireless users in a daily basis.

Before I've got lightweight these AP's

4x 1142 

9x - 1231

and now I'm testing 13x 2700e with cleanair enabled

For sure students are very demanding in bandwith (videos, fb, downloads via http, etc) and my wireless network on that site keeps slow even with the 2700e deployed.

I'm droping on WLC all P2P connections and yesterday I've enabled the Load-balancing on the WLC to diverse the associations to the least busy AP's.. Although, today I was on site and I still got very slow connections..

I was thinking in limit the streaming traffic and download of large files but I'm not sure if it's a WLC feature or I need to do it on the Firewall. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please DISABLE Load-Balancing.  

If you have wireless clients who cannot support Load-Balancing, it will cause issues.  

why should clients don't support it? did not should be a association feature? what kind of interference could cause? 

why should clients don't support it?

Not all wireless NICs are created equal.  Some wireless NICs doesn't support Client Load Balancing.  If they don't support it and they see beacons/settings about Client Load Balancing, the individual card will go nuts.  

You only enable features like these if all the clients support it.  If you've got clients who don't, then you'll potentially run into connectivity issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card