cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE Express radius server not working with Spectralink phone

trwjms
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLSE Express that am am using as a radius server for my Spectralink IP phones. I also have WDS and FSR setup and running. The problem is that the WLSE will not authenticate the phones. The radius server log shows the phone coming in and getting challenged, but it never accepts it. It looks like the radius server is trying to use Cisco-PEAP, when it should be using LEAP. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

stschmidt
Level 1
Level 1

When you say it should use LEAP is this what you have configured on the phone? The WLSE Express can configure and use more than one of the authentication services at the same time. If more than one service is configured, the WLSE negotiates which one to use. Where are you seeing it is using Cisco-PEAP instead of LEAP? Can you attach these?

Yes, the Spectralink phone is configured to use Cisco FSR(LEAP). When I setup an access point to act as the radius server, it works. Here is the log file from the WLSE Express.

Cisco ACS will give priority to LEAP, but not sure aboute WLSE express. I would turn off any EAP types you are not using (PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST). Maybe Spectralink doesn't support NAK feature.

That's another question. I don't know if it's possible to turn off the other EAP types.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card