Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless Lan Controller 2504

flielguera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

Good morning; I lost the password to my Wireless Lan Controller. Everything was fine until a few days ago, and now can not login. 
Is there any way to recover. The model of Controller is AIR-CAP2602E-A-K9, the software version is 7.4.110.0 .

Please, anyone, can help me.

Regards.

Fernando.

6 Replies 6

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Are you trying to recover a wireless controller or an access point? AIR-CAP2602E-A-K9 is an access point.

To restore password on a 2504 controller, connect to the controller via the console port and then enter Restore-Password at the user prompt.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

OK. This work fine.

Thanks for yopu help.

Regards.

Fernando.

Im sorry, 

but there is no such command as "restore-password"

WLC's do not have a way to password recover, you have to completely  revert it do default and reconfigure it again:

Here is guide on how to: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/2000-series-wireless-lan-controllers/71094-wlcm-pwr.html

In summary, you can either revert it through BOOT or at initial start-up type in as user: "recover-config"

Nonetheless, they will revert your controller to default.

Hello Good morning ; thank you very much for your reply and information, but solving the " restore- password" command, if it worked , this command is entered when you connect via console cable to the WLC , the WLC , asks for "User " , here is entered the "restore -password " command then prompts you to enter a username and password , you enter a new username and password , and voila, you have access to the controller again . THE new user that is created with this command have privileges READ / WRITE to the WLC . The information you sent me is on a WLC Module in my case this is a 2504 model WLC APPLIANCE Anyway I appreciate the information.

Greetings .
Fernando .

Anyway, nonetheless try rebooting your switch and when it prompts for user type in:

NOTE: Make sure to not press enter

"restore-password" 

I forgot to add on my previous post that on releases 5.1 and up this command is already supported.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/26646/how-recover-password-cisco-wireless-lan-controller

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: