How to install PEAP Certificate for 7921 via USB interface
Procedure to install PEAP Certificate for 7921 via USB interface on phone via PC/Laptop
To configure the USB LAN connection on your PC, follow these steps:
1. To setup the USB LAN connection, do one of the following:
• For Windows XP—Click Start > Control Panel > Network Connections.
• For Windows 2000—Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network and Dial Up Connections.
2. Locate and double-click the new LAN connection to open the Local Area Connection Status window, then click Properties.
3. Scroll to the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) component and click Properties.
4. In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window, choose Use the following IP address:
5. In the IP address field, enter a static IP address for the PC: 192.168.1. (1-254 -except 100), for example: 192.168.1.11
6 Enter the subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
7 Click OK to make the changes.
After setting up the USB interface on the PC, you are ready to use the USB cable connection to the phone. To access the phone web page, follow these steps:
1 Open a Windows browser.
2 In the address field, enter https://192.168.1.100 to locate the wireless IP phone web page.
Default credentials for login are admin/Cisco to access the phone configuration page.
When the Security Alert dialog box displays a notice to accept the Trust Certificate, click Yes or Always to accept the application.
3 Use the hyperlinks in the left column of the web page to configure settings for the phones. For information, see these sections
4 After entering the new settings, disconnect the USB cable from the phone. The settings are active immediately.
5 Check that the phone can access the network successfully.
The Authentication Server Root Certificate must be installed on the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G. To install the certificate, follow these steps:
1 Export the Authentication Server Root Certificate from the ACS. See Exporting Certificates from the ACS.
2 Go to the phone web page and choose Certificates. Check if the certificate is in format DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER)
3 Click Import next to the Authentication Server Root certificate.
4 Restart the phone.
Here is the procedure to export the certificate from ACS.
Use this method for exporting the CA certificate from the ACS server that uses a self-signed certificate. To export certificates from the ACS server using Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
1 From Internet Explorer, choose Tools > Internet Options, then click the Content tab.
2 Under Certificates, click Certificates..., then click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
3 Highlight the root certificate and click Export.... The Certificate Export Wizard appears. Click Next.
4 At the next window, select DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER), and click Next.
5 Specify a name for the certificate and click Next.
6 Save the CA certificate to be installed on the phone.
Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G Administration Guide