Inactivity means that the Access Point (AP) has not received any traffic from the client for a period of time. Reason for client's inactivity mighte be
1) Client is switched off or the client's power is weak that clients traffic doesnt reach the AP.
2) Client has roamed to a new access point and the new access point was not able to noti previous access point due to interoperability issues provided access points are from different vendors.
Therefore, the AP deauthenticates the client as a security precaution. This forces the client to reauthenticate to pass traffic.
Carry out one or more of the following
1) Increase the client's power
2) You can modify a timer for the AP not to deauthenticate the client. The timer is found in the AP menu system under the following steps: Setup ("Associations" section) > Advanced. Adjust the default activity timers. Times are measured in seconds; 0 (zero) tells the AP to never timeout idle clients.
3) Reset the AP and reconfigure the AP and check with default timer. If the message still appears try step 1. If it fails proceed to step 4
4) Upgrade the AP's firmware.
Device cannot associate
The signal is weak or fluctuating
AP 340, 350
VxWorks Errors, Warnings, Statistics and Log Messages