Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 with captive portal and RADIUS server

Frederik Tylle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up a WAP 371 to authenticate wireless users using the captive portal and a RADIUS Server for authentication. Whenever trying to authenticate however, the captive portal rejects the credentials. From the logs of the RADIUS Server i can see that authentication was successful.

Therefore I'm guessing that I'm missing some crucial information in the success reply. Unfortunately I didn't find any leads on what the AP expects to receive from the RADIUS server.

Any help would be very much appriciated.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Frederik

3 Replies 3

Moin Ilyas
Level 4
Level 4

Please refer to the following link for Captive Portal Configuration (Chapter 9).

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap371/administration/guide/1_0_0_10/1CSWAP371-SWUM100_1_0_0_10.pdf

Hope that helps.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier, but I was absent for quite a while.

The problem has been solved just a few days after I posted. It turned out to be a bug in the RADIUS server we used.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards,

Frederik

As far as I see it, the CP only sends EAP auth requests to the Radius. Which normally don't work with just a user/password enviorment (IAS/NPS).

I'm gonna try an approach which freeradius, since I only want to give access to a few specific guest-users.