Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

3602i APs cannot join WLC 2504 controller

kmigmar805
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I am trying to join newly purchased Aironet 3602i access point to our 2504 controller with no success.

Here are the details:

- All other models of APs we have - Aironet 1142 and 1130AG - got no problem to join the controller and are working fine

- Controller software version is 7.2.110.0

- 3602 APs are able to receive IP address from DHCP and also can find controller IP address from CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER.domain.com

( 3602 AP console message shows that it is trying to joing the controller with IP address 192.168.20.10 which is correct one)

- on controller GUI from the Wireless tab the AP's name AP2c0xxxxxx shows up for a few seconds and then when I click on it it says that the AP is no longer exisiting on the controller

- I can ping from inside of the controller (via ssh) to 3206 AP and all computers in the network can ping the AP as well

- The above behavior is true for all 3602i APs I have tested so far and all APs are right out fo the box brand new ones

So I am wondering if the 2504 controller is not compatible with the new 3602i APs. Is that the case or there is some special steps required to make the APs join the controller?

Please help,

Thank you so much!

1 SOLUCIÓN ACEPTADA

Soluciones aceptadas

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please post the following output:

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo;

2.  WAP:  sh version;

3.  WAP:  sh inventory

To enable 3600 support, the WLC need to run at least 7.2.X firmware. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 RESPUESTAS 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please post the following output:

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo;

2.  WAP:  sh version;

3.  WAP:  sh inventory

To enable 3600 support, the WLC need to run at least 7.2.X firmware. 

The odd thing was, all new APs get successfully associated with the controller and downloads new firmware. Then after rebooting it no longer able to join the controller.

I have enabled debug capwap errors command on the controller and the output is the following:

*spamApTask1: Jul 18 07:43:37.995: c8:f9:f9:1a:9b:60 Channel 13 is invalid in the domain

*spamApTask1: Jul 18 07:43:37.995: c8:f9:f9:1a:9b:60 AP c8:f9:f9:1a:9b:60: Invalid country code ().

*spamApTask1: Jul 18 07:43:37.995: c8:f9:f9:1a:9b:60 PHY_TX_POWER_PAYLOAD: Invalid Tx Power Level 0

So after enabling J4 (Q) regulatory domain APs started to join to the controller.

But, anyways thanks a lot Mr. Leolhao.

Vamos a comenzar

¡Conecte con otros expertos de Cisco y del mundo! Encuentre soluciones a sus problemas técnicos o comerciales, y aprenda compartiendo experiencias.

Queremos que su experiencia sea grata, le compartimos algunos links que le ayudarán a familiarizarse con la Comunidad de Cisco: