cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

But I don't want to roam!

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We operate an infrastructure network with several dozen APs supporting many roaming users. We must therefore have all the APs supplying the same SSID in order to roam. We have recently added several fixed location Sony webcams with Aironet 350 cards in them. They work fine, except they occasionally roam to a different AP where their fixed IP address is not accepted by the router backhaul link. What we would like to do is have the camera always associate to the same AP (same radio channel would have the same practical effect due to our frequency re-use pattern). Sony is unable to provide a software fix for this problem, so I am looking for a firmware fix for the 350 card. A firmware version that is crippled to only work on one radio frequency could be just what the doctor ordered.

Anyone know where we might be able to get such a thing? If so, I would need a Channel 1, Channel 6 and Channel 11 edition to support different cameras in this situation.

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Not very clear about your requirements. Can you provide some more information?

melisei
Level 1
Level 1

What if you create a separate SSID only in the APs you want to be used with the SONY webcams? That can be a workaround...my 0.02

ME

ANDREYE
Level 1
Level 1

in the ACU, just specify under the preferred AP 1 field the MAC address for the AP you would like the client to keep associated to; this forces an association that doesn't require the use of different SSIDs.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card