cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW151AXM not connecting to CBW150AX (Red, green, black led)

brauckmiller
Level 1
Level 1

First off, I have to say I am EXTREMELY dissatisfied with Cisco's supposed support.  I just bought this device and it is not connecting.  I did the usual google searches and nothing helps.  I watched the Tech Talk videos and followed the directions with no luck.

I called support since I literally received it today only to be told to go piss up a rope since I bought the device from a 3rd party (Amazon).

The issue I have is basically in the subject line.  I added the MAC address to the LOCAL MAC address ALLOWLIST on the CB150AX and saved my config.

I plugged the extender in about 5 ft away from the AP.

It boots up and eventually goes into the Red, Green, Black cycle.

I have factory reset the extender with the same results.

I see there are a couple ports on the side but have no idea how to access them.  If someone can direct me where I can download the user manual for this thing, I'd appreciate it.  Better yet, if someone can tell me how/where to upgrade the firmware on the extender, I have a feeling it would really help.

If I can't get this working, i'll just send it back and give it a 1 star review on Amazon.

I'm an IT professional with 30 years experience and I work in the vendor support world.  I find it extremely frustrating that Cisco can just blow people off like this because they are the 800 lbs gorilla.  That's horrible customer service.  I even asked if I could buy a support incident and was rejected.  Just sad.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the device to see what is going on , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Ok, I'd love to do that.  Can I plug in to the console and gain access to the CLI without any login creds?

If not, what are the creds? 

Thanks!

Craig

brauckmiller
Level 1
Level 1

F*CK it...I'm returning this piece of SH*T.

Lack of manuals.

Lack of support.

Luck of caring by Cisco.