cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1310 Bridge: Cannot access GUI to configure

k.mchazlett
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of Aironet 1310's I am needing to bridge. I have used the CLI to configure the BVI1 with the ip address and verified it. I then tried to access the GUI to configure the device via Internet Explorer and it would not provide access. I read that it had to be older versions of IE but my OS will not support older versions. I then downloaded Netsace Navigator 7.01 as indicated, but still did not get access.

Then I thought maybe if I can access the GUIvia the IPSU tool but I have Googled the Cisco IPSU and cannot find a downloadable link. HELP!!!

I am not a certified Cisco tech but reading as fast as possible to learn as much as possible!!!

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From the CLI , paste the output "show version" here

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra,

I am able to use Hyperterminal via the Console Port on the Power Injector, however, I am not familiar on configuring a Cisco device using this method. Here is the version via the hyperterminal; version 12.3 (4) JA, Release software (fc2).

Can you post the entire output of the command "show version"?

Your notes imply you can't HTTP to the Bridge, but you are configured via console port.

So if you take a step back, can you even telnet to the bridge? Ping it?

Perhaps you could post your running-config?

I guess where I'm getting at is that unless you've turned off the http server on the AP (if that is even possible?), the only good reason I can come up for your complaint is that IP connectivity itself is broken and this isn't a GUI issue (check ping, telnet), or perhaps your APs are running the lightweight image. But the latter wouldn't even let you make CLI configurations, so I assume that isn't the case....

If you really think its some kind of browser interop,  just telnet to port 80 on the AP and see if its open.....

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card