cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export the default web auth portal @ Cisco WLC 5508

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I´m wondering if it`s possible to export the defualt web auth portal(web login page) via tftp to a computer from the Cisco WLC 5508 and then modify it and then import that customized portal to the WLC 5508?

Best Regards

Mike

6 Replies 6

rdvorak
Level 1
Level 1

I've no html programming skills but what if you go in the GUI to >security>web auth>web login page

Then click on the preview button and in the new IE window with the default web page choose file>save as

and save the complete page.

I'd think that this saves everything on your local client so you'd change the webpage.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rdvorack is right on.... It's the easiest way. You can also download the webauth bundle which are examples of various HTML pages. These can be downloaded in the same area as the wlc code.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, thanks for the reply, but dont you have to upload it to the controller in *.tar file? I have the Cisco Web auth bundle and i have to say that those example pages are aweful.. Thats why i want the defualt page to modify that page and then upload it  to the controller for other customers

Best Regards

Mike

You can edit any of those pages.... but if you customize one, you need to tar it and upload it back to the wlc. You can't export the tar file. You need to preview the default and save the code like mentioned on the previous post.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

Thanks

Best Regards

Mike

This should be easier... here is the code in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70users.html#wp1049404

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card