cancel
Apresentações
Útil
Respostas

Hand held device issues

Doug Charboneau
Level 1
Level 1

We implimented a small 10 ap network recently and all works fine as far as the network being accessable.  The issue comes from the ip:port assignment. Lets say you join to ap number 1 and are assigned ip ( 10.1.1.1:3801 ). then you walk through the warehouse and jump to ap number 2 and you retain your ip but your port changes( 10.1.1.1:3511 ).  This is an issue for the parent program as it sees another user try to access through another port with the same ip.

Is there a way for my devices to utilize the same ip and port when traversing aps?

Currently we run a cisco ASA 5512-x that is issuing dhcp, WLC 2504, and 10 aironet 3602 aps.

thank you for any guidence on this issue.

3 RESPOSTAS 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Currently we run a cisco ASA 5512-x that is issuing dhcp, WLC 2504, and 10 aironet 3602 aps.

Somewhere along your network you have a switch.  The core switch.  Stick the DHCP scope in there instead.

Doug Charboneau
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps I am asking this question incorrectly. Does a WLC or ap do pat by default? I understand that I can expliciatly tell my ASA to PAT but as I understand in simple networking port numbers are not handled at the network layer. Please correct me if I am wrong but as this issue has to do directly with the port the application is seeing it is pertinent.

Does a WLC or ap do pat by default?

No.