Views
Helpful
Replies

help with BR1310 point-to-point configuration

pierre.gorodko
Level 1
Level 1

I can't get this to work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml

two BR1310 bridges, root and non-root.

all I get from the non-root is :

%DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: No Response

3 different IOS versions, no change. Antennae alignment seems o.k.,they are 12 feet apart (for testing) and I get three solid LEDs in "Install mode". I have no clue; found nothing on the Cisco website or Google. Tried debug aaa, debug dot11 beacon, debug radius, nada.

Anyone have an idea ?

8 Replies 8

alinn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Pierre,

Can you supply the 'show ver' and 'show run' from both BR1310 for review?

Regards,

Aaron

I tested with c1310-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA4.tar

currently with c1310-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEA.tar

some discrepencies between the document and real life raise some questions:

-does the local RADIUS server need to run on ports 1813-1813 or 1645-1646 (default)?

-should the frequencies remain as "least congested" or be specifically selected ?

I also tried with/without the new "authentication profiles" method.

As a test, I tried an "AP only" config copied straight from an AIR-AP1131AG-A-K9; that works with a laptop as client.

I attached config files as per the docs, only IP addreses are different.

How to replace IP address of currect RADIUS server over Cisco 7613 router?I want to use IP address of Radius Handler instead?Please suggest the command/steps etc at Cisco 7613?Thanks

Hello,

I would open up the config get the two units to connect first and then start adding on the security measure to find out where the issue is. The station roles are set fine, and I even see th distance paramter set on the root radio which is very good.

Take the SSID from the below :

dot11 ssid Cisco

authentication network-eap eap_methods

guest-mode

infrastructure-ssid

to :

dot11 ssid Cisco

authentication open

infrastructure-ssid

And remove the WEP key or change wep encryp to optional.

Also what is the model number of the units?

Regards

I have tried no WEP and no auth on the SSID. The bridges will not connect. They are 12 feet apart and frequency is "least congested" is that o.k. ?

As a comparison, I have a laptop in the middle. The laptop can connect to either bridge/AP, no problem (with/without WEP).

Unit model number:

cisco AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R (PowerPCElvis) processor (revision A0) with 24566K/8192K bytes of memory

My latest IOS:

Cisco IOS Software, C1310 Software (C1310-K9W7-M), Version 12.3(11)JA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Fri 18-Aug-06 14:41 by tinhuang

I am having the same problem. Have you resolved this yet.

I got my setup working, the problem was that either there was no internal antenna or it was defective. But I suspect there is no antenna. I attached an exteranl antenna and it connected up.

in my case, our supplier shipped the wrong units. I didn't notice until a Cisco TAC expert pointed it out. We RMA'ed them through our service contract.

AIR-BR1310G-A-K9 : has built-in antenna, and no connectors for external antenna

AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R : no built-in antenna, must use external

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card