cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NO WLC but I want users to have an entery page.

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

I cannot afford the $200+ for my home lab for a WLC but I want a defualt splash web page for the users of my Guest VLAN when they first connect to this SSID.I have seen where people say it can be done iwth ACL's but they do not provide any examples or urls for additional information.My thinking is that I use IP redirect nad tags of some sort or somehow change some DHCP config that and ACL reconises then does not forward the IP packets to the redirected IP.Any suggestions?

I do not care if the users must login, I just want to present some information to them then they can surf from there.  Somethin REAL simple ofr the isers to use.  I do not want them to kave to use any passwords or user accouts unless it is abslutly necessary.  There is no RADIUS or TACTAS servers in this network (yet).

Can anytone please point me in the right direction?

Michael

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to look for a third party software for hotspots. Zonecd was a free software, bit is no longer being supported. There might be some free software out there, bit most you have to buy.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Maybe this will be a little more clear on what I want to do and how I think it could be done.

I know the 1231G has an IP redirect feature so with an ACL and that we can get them to the information web page.  Using  ip reflexive-list timeout, their permission will go away after 5 minutes of inactivity.  What I do not know is how to change the client's IP packets to be tagged after they have viewed my info page.  That is the help I could use from you.  Figuring out the exact syntax is my problem.

In other words, how can I tag all IP packets from a client to "Green" only after they have viewed my local information web page?

No tags get redirected to local info web page via redirect and an ACL.  Once viewed, the client's IP packets are tagged "GREEN".  the ACL sees that the packets are now tagged "GREEN" and now bypass the redirect.  If the client does not send any packets for five minutes, ip reflexive-list timeout clears the "GREEN" tag and they must view the local info web page again.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That I can't help you with as I have not seen that scenario done before.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card