cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem AP 1100 when power off why port ethernet have link on

termphong
Level 1
Level 1

I test AP1100 and AP1200 by connect port ethernet with swith both unit.

When i pull out power adapter of AP1100 why port ethernet of AP 1100 at switch have blink at LED 100 and FD/COL . ANYbody can help me this ploblem.

7 Replies 7

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

The only thing I can think of, is that you are connecting the AP1100 to a switch that provides inline power such as a Cisco Catalyst 3500XL, 3550, 4000, or 6500.

Dear sir

Thank you for answers but i use switch linksys no inline power. And i test with switch 3com no inline power .The problem is same. Anybody can help me.

What happens if you plug another Fast Ethernet device into the same port on these switch then remove it in the same way ???

Some switch will flash the LED to show that it was working but a fault has now occured ????? The above test will show if thats the case

Thank you for help

But i think this bug of AP1100 because switch no problem and good if you test myself. When i pull out power cord from adapter of AP1100 and ethenet still connect to switch. AP1200 have affect . When i connect power to adapter of AP1100 is everthing o.k.

Are you unplugging the AP from the mains or from the powersupply ?

Unplug the power directly from the AP as some power supplies can hold a charge for quite some time after they are unplugged.

This may be the cause of your problem ??

G.

Thank you for helpfully . I show you . I connect

AC 220 V - -> Power cord --> Adapter AP 1100--> AP1100-->switch by ethernet

I pull out AC 220 V - -> Power cord . Avalible

Adapter AP 1100--> AP1100-->switch by ethernet.

At switch have three LED , Link , 100 , col, But it now show 100 and col.

I think from you suggestion problem occour from Adapter of AP1100 Right??

When no main power provide to Adapter of AP1100 the problem is Adapter of AP1100 try to charge voltage to AP1100 but it have no more power

to use. Please cisco to solve this problem.

Hello,

Instead of pulling out the AC220V --> Power cord

pull out AC 220 V - -> Power cord --> Adapter AP 1100--> //

(that is remove the power lead that enters the AP - if possible)

If the lights go out problem solved

If they stay on its something completely different

Note: If lights go out it doesn't mean you power supply is faulty its just the way they work.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card