Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended minimum height for indoors 1130a/g or 1242 WAP Installation

edwardbrown3
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few other questions:

1.  Will either of these work reliabley if they are mounted vertically?

2.  Would a stainless steel wall plate mounted behind the WAP either horizontally or vertically reflect any appreciable amount of the radiated RF energy to the point where it would degrade the performance?

3.  Has anyone who has done a recent installation been getting any pushback from those who install the ceiling tiles about mounting the WAPs using the grid clips and ceiling grid as support?  I know the weight is negligible but some general contractors seem to not like using the grid wire as support for anything.

4.  Has anyone found any Iphone apps that accurately measure the received RF energy at any given location inside of a building?

Thanks all for any responses.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Will either of these work reliabley if they are mounted vertically?

For the 1130, it will work.  For the 1240 it will depend on the orientation of your antennae.  If installed vertically, the (rubber duck/rubber duckie) antennae should be vertical too and not horizontal or perpendicular to the mounting surface.

2.  Would a stainless steel wall plate mounted behind the WAP either horizontally or vertically reflect any appreciable amount of the radiated RF energy to the point where it would degrade the performance?

Yes.  IT would negatively affect the way signal is propagated.  Think of the metal plate as a reflective dish.  Anything behind the plate will get degraded or no signal at all.

3.  Has anyone who has done a recent installation been getting any pushback from those who install the ceiling tiles about mounting the WAPs using the grid clips and ceiling grid as support?  I know the weight is negligible but some general contractors seem to not like using the grid wire as support for anything.

All the time.  I recommend using the mounting kits for drop tiles

Thanks alot.  This information will be very useful.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card