cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSC AP with H-reap enable WLAN

Foo Chuan Soon
Level 1
Level 1

We have a ssc ap that couldn't use H-reap mode, and all other ap already in H-reap. The Wlan we configured for enable H-REAP Local Switching and Learn Client IP Address, the problem is when user connected to this ssc ap, they will have intermittent issue, not able to connect to LAN or WAN for a while then wait another few minutes, no more issue. It is because of the H-reap or ssc ap issue?

17 Replies 17

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wats  the AP and whats the issue tha tthe client face?? and what does  the logs say on the WLC when the issue happens??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

the AP is AIR-LAP1231G-A-K9, while this issue happens, client couldn't access any where, only able to ping and access WLC IP, even core switch or access switch ip also can't access. Log from WLC:

Load Profile Failed for Base Radio MAC:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX and slotNo: 0

AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX Cause=Radio channel set. Status:NA

AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Up: Base Radio MAC:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX Cause=Radio channel set. Status:NA

Load Profile Updated to Pass for Base Radio MAC:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX and slotNo: 0

AP 1231 does not support HREAP.. from the logs i can see that the AP radio is going down, so when the radio goes down the clients conencted to that AP will be disconencted!!

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forge tto rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

ya, AP 1231 does not support H-Reap mode, so remain this AP as local mode while all other AP changed to H-reap and SSID also enable H-reap local switching option. So this issue is due to AP 1231 not support H-Reap? If so then client connected to this AP shouldn't have connectivty all the time, but now is intermittent.

due to the interference the channel was changed on that AP by the WLC.. thats y the client got disconnected..

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forge tto rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

changing so frequently? There is no AP around that AP 1231.

I guess the channel is changing because the DCA changed it!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

DCA changed it?? This issue only happened for those client connected to AP 1231

from the WLC get me the below output..

WLC GUI >> Wireless >> 802.11 B/G/N >> DCA >> take a screen shot and then paste it here.. I wanna see the interval configured )

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

is this issue happening every ten minutes??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Increase the interval to higher time and see if that helps!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

No, it seems like the issue no more happened.

ok!! wats the reason??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card