Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC client Connection Issue

vinupeter_19
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have setup a vWLC on ESXi server and dedicated a trunk port on EsXi for the Second Network card of vWLC for Management and all traffic.

I created Three Ineterfaces on the same and enables DHCP on my Windows DHCP server.

The Problem i am facing is quite strange.

The Clients get's the IP lease but only can ping the interface on vWLC , they cannot ping the gateway or any other service.

and if i ping from gateway i can reach the vWLC interface.  If i ping from vWLC i can reach both the client and gateway. Am i missing something here ?

Regards,

Vinu

5 Replies 5

vinupeter_19
Level 1
Level 1

No one to help ?????

Regards,

Vinu

Do you know that only flexconnect is allowed on the vwlc? U have the options for local switching but it will not work.
So that's maybe the problem?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

I am Using Flexconnect.

I just got a tip to set proxy arp accept  on the Esxi interface

let me check if that fixes the issue.

That was my second thought. U can disable it on the wlc too but I didn't remember the config point. It should be under WLAN and is the last point on the left side. By default it is enabled and the wlc use the manager interface as dhcp relay ip.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

I had a Similar issue 2 weeks ago, the clients were able to get IP address from the GW but they cannot ping it.

what i did to solve it was re-configure on the VM:

-      Promiscuous mode  ACCEPT

-     MAC address changes ACCEPT

-     Forged Transmits ACCEPT

and it worked like magic.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12723/products_tech_note09186a0080bd2d04.shtml#definition

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card