Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Authentication

csco11030279
Level 1
Level 1

HI;

is there anyway to save the passwords and the usernames for web authentication ???

my authentication server is ACS 5.2, WLC is 5508 7.0.116...

the Clients always complaining , they dont want to reEnter the username and the passwords each time they connected

6 Replies 6

davy.timmermans
Level 4
Level 4

if the session expires and re-authentication takes place with the same userid/pw?

=> functionality of the client browser

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do that, but is that webauth for everyone or just those specific users?  You can hid the uername and password in the html code, but they would then have to hit accept and that would prevent them from having to enter a username and password.  Is that what you are looking for?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply, I need it for everyone connected to the SSID,  the clients could be smart phones , PC and TAPs etc

Okay... well there is no way to save the username or password on the client side, but you can enter the value on the html code but then users only have to hit accept.  You might want to try to set the session timeout to 8 hours and the idle timeout to 8 hours.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

for the session time I did it before and I got the same result the useronce disconnected and reconnected again web auth required ,

but for the idel  time it looks like will work , but can you tell me from where I con set the idel time, I have checked the WLC -SSID advanced , I could not find it

the user idle timer is on the main Controller tab.

becareful on how far out you set the value.  at some point the users need to be purged from the MSCB, if you have too many users that are stale, new users will not be able to get on.

I wouldn't set this higher than 12 hours.  that should last your users all day, but still purge them later.

43200 would be the value to put in the field.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card